What are they typical problems we find in attics?
Here is a list of seven problems our estimators routinely find in attics:
- Missing blown-in insulation – never installed
- Poorly installed blown-in insulation – uneven depths of insulation
- Not enough insulation (typical in older home)
- Poorly installed batts on knee walls and skylight wells
- Misaligned fiberglass batts
- Air infiltration and air barrier issues
- No baffles at vented eves
To realize energy savings and improvements in comfort, all of these short comings and issues must be identified and addressed in the quote and work performed. We have provided a short article that addresses each of the issues called: Common Attic Insulation Defects.